Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Everything at Once

What I'm reading: 'Tis the Silly Season by Roxanne St Claire

What I'm writing: Chapter 26, scene 2

First: Two more days until Finding Sarah is released! Check my website for a chance to read the prologue.

Yesterday was one of those days you wish you could spread out over at least three others. It was a gloomy, damp and drizzly day, so I thought I'd work on productivity. I took care of enough normal household and real-job tasks to allay any guilt about writing for much of the afternoon and into the evening. I'd finished 1000 words, which I felt good about, since it's at one of those turning point scenes, and I'm not 100% sure I've done quite enough research. I've asked the experts, but haven't heard back yet.


I get the word that the Wild Rose Press anthology is set, only my story has been separated from my local writing buddy, and we were counting on being in the same volume to make things easier for promotion. The editors there are fantastic, and they shifted my story with another one in record time. Of course, now Second Chance Rose is hanging with the more erotic stories. I don't mind. Rose has been around the block a few times, so she won't mind the company she's keeping.
Hope my mother doesn't. I know she'll love it--but will she recommend the book to her friends?

Then, around 9 pm, I get a phone call from Tokyo. It seems someone has used my AmEx card number to book a flight from Japan, and their security department flagged it. Between the not-so-clear international connection and the English-is-not-his-first-language issues, it took a while to figure out what was going on, and what I had to do. In the middle of three other calls to various departments of AmEx, for which my husband also had to be on the line, my sister-in-law IMs to say her husband's uncle's funeral is Saturday, and they'll be flying in on Thursday. Instant houseguests. And I'm without plastic until I can get a new card!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just set Amy into the kitchen to make tea. Or tisanes. You have a thermometer for the water? :)

Terry Odell said...

Heck, I don't even have any tea that will pass muster with her.