Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On Settling Down

What I'm reading: The Art of Detection by Laurie R. King

What I'm writing: Chapter 26 and edits.

"Romancing the Geek" has been sitting on top of the Wild Rose Press' overall bestseller list since its release. (I'm sure now that I've said something, it'll disappear.) It's also been top in the Champagne Rose (contemporary) line overall, as well as the Miniature Rose (length) category. For my website contest, I'm giving away a free copy - go to my website to find the simple question to answer to enter the drawing.

And for Finding Sarah, I got the nicest message in my inbox this morning.

Hi Terry,

I just finished Finding Sarah. I feel like I just ran a marathon. Don't worry, I always feel that way after finishing a truly great book.

It was smashing. Fabulous! Thank you!


Those little notes from readers really go a long way in keeping spirits up when so much of the business seems to be dealing with rejection. So much time is spent waiting; it's good to know your work has brought someone at least a modicum of pleasure. All I wanted to do when I started writing the book was to create something to occupy a reader on an otherwise boring airplane flight.

And, with that little ego-boost, it's time to deal with Dalton and Miri once more. Get in on the page first, fix it later.

No comments: