Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dallas, Day 2

I explored the hotel today, met Suzanne Brockmann and chatted a bit, put my offerings in the goodie room (and was pleased that my efforts in creating the booklets with the first chapter of Finding Sarah and What's in a Name? paid off, as I had to replenish them a few times, and they're now gone. I still have bookmarks and postcards.

Lunch was a fun time--Raelene Gorlinsky of ECPI treated her authors to lunch. Meeting people you know only by name on emails was a delight. Most of my mental images were way off.

For me, the big event was the book signing. I think there were 450 authors present, and I was seated right in the middle of a row in the middle of the room next to Brenda Novak. Her charity auction raised over 140,000 for Juvenile Diabetes, and she has a huge support base.



But most of all, I got to see my books for the first time! I even sold some! And spelled my name right when I signed them, although on a couple I forgot to put on the "autograped copy" stickers I had actually remembered to bring. Ah, well.

No comments: