Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fan letters

I was going to talk about finally finishing judging my Rita entries today, but I got the following email and couldn't resist a little blatant self promotion instead.

I got the following day-brighter and had to share. A couple brought Finding Sarah and What's in a Name? along to read on their travels.
********

You wipe the floor with (NYT best-selling mystery author's name redacted). Your stories are so much more engrossing, sparkling with detail (the author) could never imagine. You would have enjoyed seeing me go cross-eyed clutching What's in a Name?, reluctant to leave my seat on the plane, dragging my feet changing planes, stalling under lights in baggage claim, refusing to go to bed until I finished. My poor husband. I read so much faster than he does. We started reading on our SEA-DTW-CLT flight and swapped books for the return flight. I'm a compulsive finisher and your engrossing writing exacerbates my tendency to annoy my husband with my speed reading.

So when can we look forward to reading your next one?

************

Find out more, read excerpts, blurbs, visit behind the scenes, etc. at my website.

Terry

2 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Congrats on the fabulous review!! You should be walking on air for the next week...at least!! :)

Macy O'Neal said...

Wow!!! I bet that just made your day.