Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gayle Wilson Contest Finalist


What I'm reading - Redemption by Karen Tabke in What You Can't See

What I'm working on: edits, edits, edits. Finished Hidden Fire last night.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call informing me What's in a Name? is a finalist in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence contest. This is especially exciting, because there are some Really Big Names in the competition. I've been dealing with the 'second class citizenship' because I chose to sign with a publisher that puts its books out digitally before they go to print.

Although What's in a Name? is in print, the words on the paper are the same words that are in the digital edition. The Four Star review from RT and now the contest final gives me a great feeling of validation, that my work can hold its own, and generalizing that e-books are inherently inferior is an unfair judgment call.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for you.

L.A. Mitchell said...

Hi Terry,
Congratulations on being a finalist AND on your WRP release :) I'm off to learn more about it.

Terry Odell said...

Thanks -- I have to admit, part of me still thinks this whole writing stuff is a dream, and that I'm not really a 'writer.'

Then I looked at the names I'm associated with for the contest and really need to pinch myself. It's not about winning for me now. It's about being on a list with Brenda Novak, Roxanne St. Claire and Karen Rose. Those ladies are "real" authors!

Macy O'Neal said...

This is awesome, Terry! Congrats!

Katie Reus said...

Congrats Terry!! That's awesome :) I've read your work and think you're amazing (now my mom is a fan of yours too, after the last book signing!)

Chudney Thomas said...

Congrats Terry!