Monday, March 24, 2008

Sighs of relief

What I'm reading: Deal Me In, bt Cynthia Thomason

What I'm working on: e-publishing workshop for Southern Lights
(Trial-and-error Powerpoint - I'm co-presenting with Dara Edmondson, and she knows a lot more about the program than I do, but I'm learning.)

I think I've done it. My taxes are finished. Now, I have no trouble paying my fair share (refuse to get into it any deeper than that), but I resent that the system is so complex that doing taxes should require paying someone else. Besides, the part I don't like is keeping all the records, which you have to do anyway. From there, it's just a matter of plugging in the numbers. No math skills required. But the tax prep software I've used for years has changed, and it's no longer as user-friendly as it used to be. All the more reason to be glad I'm done.

I also finished revisions for "Redshirted". I'll be re-reading it to see if I created any new holes, and then might be brave enough to submit it.

Which leaves me free to work on revisions for Unexpected Danger. I have to give my agent credit for an amazingly sharp eye. Doing basic clean-up has cut about 1000 words from the manuscript, which leaves me room to add the scenes she's suggested once I get into the actual revisions.

2 comments:

Terry Odell said...

Yeah, years ago when I owned some property in California, I had to pay someone to do the state tax part -- that was more complex than the Federal.

Dara Edmondson said...

I just can't be bothered with the tax thing. I tried doing it myself once and go so messed up, I swore I'd never try again. Good for you that you can tackle that.