Saturday, December 20, 2008

Have a wonderful Kwanzannukahmastice

Normally, Politics and Religion are two subjects I refuse to discuss--even with friends, much less on this forum. When I saw this a few weeks ago, I debated posting it here. By now, probably everyone has seen it, so it's not a 'hot topic'. But after being inundated with Christmas since Halloween, and getting a little tired of everyone assuming it's everyone's holiday, I couldn't resist.

These were the invitations sent by the White House to their Hanukkah Party. Now, it's nice that they recognized there's a difference between Christmas and Hanukkah -- or did they?

I know there are a lot of people who insist Christmas is a holiday for everyone, but I don't agree. And Hanukkah is not a Jewish version of Christmas. The White House's explanation that this invitation 'slipped through the cracks' doesn't cut it.

OK -- that's it. Politics, Religion. One post. Done. If you celebrate any holidays at this time of the year, may they be happy ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Hanukkah. :)

Dara Edmondson said...

Love this;-) Have a happy ...