Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Car Crashes and Sub-Genres

Fun stuff to do while I'm gone:

Readers here know I've never been fond of labels, especially for my own writing. I write the story, then try to figure out where it fits in the sub-genres of commercial fiction. I ran across this "system" during a recent jaunt through the blogosphere, and just had to share. First, check out any vehicle accidents in your book. Don't have any? Take a minute to sketch one out, and then check this post.

Enter a contest for What's in a Name? at the APA blog.

Request When Danger Calls from your local library system. If they don't have it, ask them to order it. Publisher: Five Star. ISBN: 978-1-59414-723-4

Take advantage of my September Special.



I want to thank two of my faithful readers, Carole Kilgore and Maryann Miller for bestowing upon me the Honest Scrap and Kreativ Blogger awards. I'm flattered, because I try very hard to make sure this isn't merely a place where authors promote themselves or their books. Of course, being the blogmeister here, I do get to bend the rules when I have my own personal news to share, but overall, I try to keep Terry's Place a site where you'll find something different--and, I hope, of interest. And if one day's post doesn't excite you, maybe the next day's will. I know there are strings attached to accepting these awards, but until I have better Internet access, I'm not going to be able to comply with all the links, etc.

2 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

Hey, enjoy the reduced internet access before it tries to take over your life again. Hope the trip's going well.

Terry Odell said...

At 50 cents a minute, I decided there wasn't anything so critical it couldn't wait until I got home! And cell coverage was even more pricey, assuming there was any. It's nice to disconnect for a while.