Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday Field Trip - To The Basement

First - this is the last day to take advantage of the 25% off sale from Backlist Ebook authors at Smashwords. Link is in the sidebar. Don't miss out.

Since nobody else sent me pictures (hint, hint), today we're going down to the basement. We're traveling in time a bit as well--these are a few of the pictures I've taken to document the work downstairs. Not the usual fare, but maybe there will be a few more exotic locales for 2011. Remember--was might be 'routine' for you is exotic for someone else, so PLEASE share your pictures.

Now, let's go downstairs.
































More another time, when there's more 'after' stuff to look at. Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Wynter said...

I miss having a basement. So many possibilities.

Carol Kilgore said...

No basements around San Antonio. Yours is turning out very nice. A lot of good light, too. Is it a walkout basement?

Happy New Year!

Mason Canyon said...

Basements have so much possibilities. I enjoy seeing photos of development in a project. Wishing you a joyous and Happy New Year.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Terry Odell said...

Wynter - right. Basements in Florida are swimming pools.

Carol - thanks - we sure hope so! The smoothest of constructions projects ... aren't!

Mason - I can't wait to share after pictures. I can't wait until there are after pictures to take!

Kara Lennox said...

Wow, this looks beautiful! I wish I had a basement to remodel.

Terry Stonecrop said...

Great shelves! Yes basements can be handy places. But I prefer the pool;)

Have a Wonderful Happy New Year, Terry!

Maryannwrites said...

Reminds me of all the fun I had as a kid in our basement in Michigan. Kids who grow up without one to play in are really missing something. Tried to dig one under the house in Plano, Texas, but too many rocks.

Janice Seagraves said...

I wish I had a finished basement. I live in a hundred year old house and its old basement looks like a hole with steps leading into it.

Jemi Fraser said...

I can't imagine NOT having a basement! Almost all the homes hear have one! Yours is looking good! :)

Sheila Deeth said...

Our first American house had an unfinished room in the basement. It seemed so very strange. And it had spiders.

Terry Odell said...

Kara - it was 'finished' when we bought the house, but was one big ugly room. We knew we'd have to utilize the space.

Terry - the kinds of pools you get when the water table is 10 feet below ground aren't the good ones.

Maryann -- given the hilly landscape, it's almost 'downstairs' rather than basement.

Janice - a 100 year old house - must have lots of character

Jemi - this is my first, but Hubster's family had one, although it was for storage and laundry--wasn't finished.

Sheila - very few bugs at 9100 feet, especially now that it's cold.