Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday - Ham Sandwiches

What I'm reading: Freaks, by Tess Gerritsen; Second Son, by Lee Child (Nook); Highlander's Curse, by Melissa Mayhue (bike)

Thanks to Jonnie for yesterdays' guest post. Series and Stand Alone is something I can relate to.

My physical therapist's office hosted an Open House, and I'd like to thank Carol Greenstreet, who enjoys poking me in the back with needles, for sharing her recipe for some yummy ham sandwiches. If you had a Christmas ham, this might be a good way to use up leftovers. If not, you can certainly find ham in the deli section of your local grocery store.

Ham Sandwiches

1/3 c butter, softened
2 T finely grated onion
3 ½ T poppy seeds
2 t Dijon mustard
2 t Worcestershire sauce
2 dozen small dinner rolls
½ lb thin sliced baked ham
8 oz package sliced Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 325. Beat butter, onion, poppy seeds, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl until blended. Split rolls with serrated knife; spread butter mixture on both cut sides. Place ham and cheese on bottom half of roll. Replace tops.

Place on baking sheet and bake until brown and a bit crispy on the edges.

Like this post? Please share by clicking one of the links below.

4 comments:

Jenny Milchman said...

Sounds good! I love your current reads, too.

Terry Odell said...

Jenny -- thanks for stopping by. I'll let Carol know you liked her recipe.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I love this recipe...this is one that I bring to parties. I also brushed melted butter on the top. We Southerners are all about butter!

Karen C said...

We don't eat a lot of ham, but I think I could garner some interest with this recipe - thanks!